Laptop's battery issue

Abhishek_Pandey

Hello all.
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 laptop and I am running Ubuntu on it since last 2 years and it has been flawless.
But, since last 20-25 days, it is having weird hardware issues.
First of all, Ubuntu stopped detecting laptop's built in bluetooth. Since, I don't use it much anyway, I didn't pay much heed. However, it was detecting built-in wifi and I could use it very well.
Then, in a few days, bluetooth issue got resolved automatically, but, now TouchPad was not being detected by Ubuntu. I had to reboot it multiple times, because once it works, it used to until next boot. However, chances of such lucky boot were going down day by day, while I was searching for the solution.
Then, after trying a few solutions, to fail, I learnt that the reason was that synaptic drivers were not being loaded at boot. So, I did a solution for that as I found on forum.
Things were going good, until one day, when laptop shuts off due to electricity failure, though battery was in it. Then, when I tried to turn it on with the battery still in, absolutely nothing happened. Now, I was able to turn it on via AC plugged in, but not on battery.
Next day, I again tried to turn it on with just battery. This time, only the battery indicator turned up and nothing else happened. Now, nothing was happening. Neither was I able to off the battery by pressing power button, nor I was able to turn it on by even AC plugged in. So, I disconnected the AC plug and left the laptop as it is, in the hope that battery light may turn off automatically. It remained in that state for around 20 hours after which I removed the battery to force things. It worked as battery light turned off and I again able to boot it on AC adapter. However, now battery light started blinking 5 times red and 1 white. Also, I started receiving messages on boot that battery is temporarily disabled. Please reseat the AC adapt and try again when the unit is back to operational temperature. When, I check battery indicator, it shows 84% charged, ~8.5 hours to charge, 0 to empty. Later on, hours to charge and to empty, both turned to 0 hours.
I tried various solutions I found online but, none worked.

May anyone tell, what is going on.