Large Case

Trader

im looking for a large case for a workstation build. i would really prefer a black case that is somewhat simple in appearance. im going to be running a multi-monitor video card (4-port version) so i need a case that will be able to handle that

Trader

Analizer,

the first case looks great, i really like it. the only problem is; its a mid size case and may be alittle to small for me.

daisymtc

How big do you want?
Do you need full tower? Antec 1200? COOLER MASTER COSMOS S?
Or a bigger mid-tower like CM 922/ Antec 900?

daisymtc

To be honest, if you just want to hook 4 monitor, dual video card can do the job. Getting a full tower case is not necessary.
CM 840 - ppl complaint about the 5.25" bay at the review...

Trader

To be honest, if you just want to hook 4 monitor, dual video card can do the job. Getting a full tower case is not necessary.
CM 840 - ppl complaint about the 5.25" bay at the review...

i need about 192 MB of memory for every monitor, im going to be running 3 monitors to start. theres a chance i will eventually upgrade to running 6-7 monitors

daisymtc

i need about 192 MB of memory for every monitor, im going to be running 3 monitors to start. theres a chance i will eventually upgrade to running 6-7 monitors

Since you are running workstation, you probably not gaming.
I think you could get 2 x ati 5670 to hook upto 6 screen. but remember to get a crossfire motherboard.

Why 192MB of memory?? where is this coming from??

Machin3

Since you are running workstation, you probably not gaming.
I think you could get 2 x ati 5670 to hook upto 6 screen. but remember to get a crossfire motherboard.

Why 192MB of memory?? where is this coming from??

EVGA made a really nice server motherboard for dual 1336 cpus but the problem is that I don't think its Crossfire. :(

Analizer

Cases like Antec 1200 or Cooler Master HAF 932 will come out too expensive for a workstation because of all these extra LED fans in the front, side and top of the case.