Laser Keyboards

NotAGamer

Do they really work or just look cool? Like, can I finish my novel on one or just turn off the lights, wear all black, and pretend I'm a top spy trying to break into the pentagon?

starlitjoker

id like that for specific purposes
like showing off to my friends
but IMHO its a sham, no useful. Maybe for laptops if it was accurate but i have a glass desk so no use for me.

Flaring Afro

Its VERY hard to use. Remember you type by feeling out the buttons, while you cant with the laser. You would have so many typos it would be useless.

brian

VIP Member
They are not that bad. But you cant rest you fingers on the table because it thinks of them as hitting the key. and it is really accurate actually.

PohTayToez

What particular model have you used, brian? From the reviews I've read, they are really hard to use and are impractical.

brian

VIP Member
What particular model have you used, brian? From the reviews I've read, they are really hard to use and are impractical.

It was the same one as in the link. Now i should say that I did not use it for my computer, it was for my pocket pc so I could use it more easily in school.

So it is easer then the small keyboard of a pocket PC but it is not as good as a full qwerty keyboard

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I thought about getting one way back when I had my Axim x5, but ended up getting a standard folding keyboard. I heard those laser keyboards were very inaccurate, required a flat surface, and could only use one key at a time.

Stoic Sentinel

I thought about getting one way back when I had my Axim x5, but ended up getting a standard folding keyboard. I heard those laser keyboards were very inaccurate, required a flat surface, and could only use one key at a time.

Then I'm guessing you'd have to hit the caps lock every time you wanted to capitalize and hit it again to "uncap" it? :p

PohTayToez

The thing that I think would bother me is not being able to feel individual keys. I don't look at the keyboard when I type, and the only way for my fingers to know where they are supposed to be is by feel of the keyboard.

typhoonblue

This product will be great because cell phone is more and more smart that looks like a real computer so that it need a powerful keyboard which easy to take

NotAGamer

Thanks for the feedback. I would probably just get one to show off then. I'd be fine until someone challenged me to type the alphabet or something, at which point I could slip on my spy attire and jump out the window while humming the MI theme song....

Stoic Sentinel

Thanks for the feedback. I would probably just get one to show off then. I'd be fine until someone challenged me to type the alphabet or something, at which point I could slip on my spy attire and jump out the window while humming the MI theme song....

Lol ^ :p Sweet plan.

ganzey

banned
woah, those are expensive. i got one at a local grocery store(lol, i know) for $15. theyre nice to have, but impossible to use.