LCD Monitor Problem

hollis098

Hello,
I have a LCD monitor and when i try to play games with resolutions of less than 1024x768 it goes balck, and then like a think white border goes around the screen and going to the middle. Its like lighting a peice of paper be the edges and slowly burning in. The other thing is that in one day it would be working fine with the game, but then it would just decided to screw up. I can't get a screen shot of this but i'll be able to provide a pic of it soon when i find my digital camera.
Hollis

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Yeah, get a picture as I'm not exactly sure what your talking about... I will say that LCD's have a certain resolution that they run at. Anything less, and you'll either get a really crummy picture(4 pixels to make 1 pixel) or with some screens/systems(particually older ones) it will only use the amout of pixels it needs. So you'll get a little window and it disregards the outter ones. Is that your problem? As I mentioned I'm not quite sure what your talking about but I wanted to get that out just in case that is it...

If so, some video cards have options to fix that in their advanced menus...