LCD tv as monitor blurry at any res

jjbpenguin

I have a 46" sony 1080p tv that i am using as a home theater pc. I have hooked up 2 different computers to it, one new desktop with hdmi, and one old laptop with vga. No matter the resolution, the image is blurry, even in full 1080p native, and using pixel match for any other resolutions to match pixels 1:1. The main problem seems to be vertical blurring. a calibration screen that has 1 pixel wide lines running horizontally alternating black to white just shows up as a solid gray box. I can zoom in on the image by using the tv's scaling feature and the lines are visible, and blurrier since it is no longer native resolution. Does anyone have experience with a problem like this, or has anyone here used a lcd tv as a monitor with good or bad results?

CPTMuller

I've used our 40" Samsung LCD Tv as a display before. It was blurry when I was pixel peeping, but when I was at a reasonable viewing distance it was pretty decent, not as sharp as my desktop display, but the pixel size was giant so that was prettymuch what I expected.