Lcd tv to monitor

mugabe

Can some one help me here. my children spoiled their computer monitor and decided to use my LCD TV as monitor for them,its working alright but the problem i have here is that.as every one knows that there are speakers in TV but now there is no sound now.am really confused.just doesn't know what to do.can some one help me here.actually i was using external speakers for the last monitor and i gave them away .thinking there is speakers already in the LCD TV and just doesn't know what to do at the moment to let the speakers work now.it was working when i was using it as TV so that means there is no problem with it.
help please, haven't got the money to buy another computer speakers.

wolfeking

banned
how are you connected to the TV? HDMI will have sound, VGA will not. DVI also does not have sound that I know of. If you are using DVI or VGA, you will need to get a cable to run to the RCA audio ports on your TV and go into the 3.5mm audio on your computer.

Pc_Pimp

Correction, depending on the computer using dvi will transfer sound if your graphic card allows it. Thats if your using a dvi to hdmi cable. Like i said it depends on the computer though.