LDT Frequency? What is this?

linkin

VIP Member
So in my BIOS chipset options there is a setting for LDT Frequency. Currently it is set to 5x, i have no idea what it's for... any ideas? I'm just about to reboot for a few pics.

EDIT: Pic

LFTFreq.jpg

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member

On your board its a Nvidia link between the northbridge and southbridge, not for sure if it connects to any other bus now since the nForce 4 chipset, probably not. LDT = Lightning Data Transfer , old name for Hypertransport.

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
right, thanks. my board uses the nForce 650i chipset, so it still does something I'd assume? I've never touched the setting so i can't say. :confused:

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Dont know if it still works, depends on how stable the LDT bus is. When overclockng it raises the LDT bus to. So setting it back to X4 = 800mhz. might help with stability if your running a high FSB.

linkin

VIP Member
I'm running 1450FSB if it counts. I have not budged it from the 5x settings. I've just diagnosed one of my memory sticks as faulty so I'm kinda busy getting that fixed up right now. :(

StrangleHold

Staff member
wait... how can i have hyper transport if this is an intel board? :confused:

Its not Intel, its a nvidia feature. Hypertransport is a open standard, not fully owned by AMD. Nvidia decided to use it as a link between the N/S bridge. Guess they used the old name to keep confusion down.

Founded in 2001 by technology leaders Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Alliance Semiconductors, Apple, Broadcom, Cisco, NVIDIA, PMC-Sierra and Sun Microsystems, current Consortium members include more than 60 industry-leading companies and academic institutions across the globe. Consortium membership is open to any company interested in royalty-free licensing of HyperTransport technology and the HyperTransport trademarks for commercial use
http://www.hypertransport.org/default.cfm?page=ConsortiumAboutUs

http://www.hypertransport.org/default.cfm?page=ConsortiumCurrentMembers