SLI

13.png

NOT SLI

04.png

05.png

Ryeong

I just ordered Gainward GTX 480 ^^

450 dollars in america..

690 dollars in Norway.. NOW This was something i talked about earlier :(!

lubo4444

I just ordered Gainward GTX 480 ^^

450 dollars in america..

690 dollars in Norway.. NOW This was something i talked about earlier :(!

Wow i thought it might be more expensive there but i thought maybe $50-100 max but $240? That's insane. :(

Gabe63

Alright, I can't wait to buy one! Not sure I will notice any real diff form my 5870 but I do want 1 rig with nvidia for games that work better on their cards.

Ryeong

Alright, I can't wait to buy one! Not sure I will notice any real diff form my 5870 but I do want 1 rig with nvidia for games that work better on their cards.

Yea, especially in metro 2033 and the upcoming crysis / heavy tesselation games. Also dirt 2.. I buy one now, and another one in maybe 3-4 months or so.

JLuchinski

Yay! Another tug-o-war thread that will go on and on. Those are some crazy stats, I think I'll sit on the sidelines and wait this one out, I'm not particular to either brand. Let's hear it for prices dropping!

Gabe63

I just read soem of the reviews. Will still buy the card but 94 c on Crysis compared to 77 c for the 5870! I am still happy there is competition. I do wonder what AMD has up their sleves? They have to be preparing for this. I read they will have a 2gig 5870 out soon, I wonder if they will have a 5890?

I was just at my local stores and they all have the GTX275 AND 260 back in stock. I figured that was because the nvidia partners gave up on any new card and needed sales, I was surprised to see this thread. I was considering the BFG GTX 275 OC just because it is $219 locally right now. Don't need one I just like new stuff also. I did buy a BLU-RAY player today for the comp... Wonder if I will use it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is it with nvidia and their wierd memory sizes on their cards?

GTX 295 =1792Mb
480= 1536mb

Why dont they just shove 2gb in?..

JLuchinski

Well ATI better have something. Like buy one get one free 5870's? Jokes. But this is getting to be really interesting. May Nividia and ATI join forces and become NvidiATI? Muwahahah...

Ryeong

What is it with nvidia and their wierd memory sizes on their cards?

GTX 295 =1792Mb
480= 1536mb

Why dont they just shove 2gb in?..

You forgot something very important.. GTX 480 use GDDR 5 Ram. GTX 295 use GDDR 3... GDDR 5 is much faster, performs better and lower amount is still much better than 295 by a lot..

Matthew1990

You forgot something very important.. GTX 480 use GDDR 5 Ram. GTX 295 use GDDR 3... GDDR 5 is much faster, performs better and lower amount is still much better than 295 by a lot..

I am really impressed by your knowledge, you secretly work for nVidia or soemthing???....

I am actually suprised by the prices in UK, 300 quid for 470, not bad. Let's hope the 5850 will go doooowwwwnnnn so I can get it :D

Ryeong

I am really impressed by your knowledge, you secretly work for nVidia or soemthing???....

I am actually suprised by the prices in UK, 300 quid for 470, not bad. Let's hope the 5850 will go doooowwwwnnnn so I can get it :D

I'm 17 years old and clean my room to earn enough cash to buy new hardware because i'm a spoiled son of a **** :) .. My dream is to work with GPU's. Working with Nvidia would fulfill that dream..

450 dollars in america..

690 dollars in Norway.. <-- that's why i've cleaned my room a lot lately :) i've ordered one EVGA gtx 480 (chose gainward at first but changed my mind) I'll buy a second one in 3-4 months. and i'll use one of my 275's as dedicated Physix.

^^

Matthew1990

OK. You can stop showing off now. That really shows us your age.

About being a spoiled kid, you are 100% right.

Anyone know the POWA! requirements for those bad boys? 470 and 480

Ryeong

OK. You can stop showing off now. That really shows us your age.

About being a spoiled kid, you are 100% right.

Anyone know the POWA! requirements for those bad boys? 470 and 480

GTX 480: Minimum System Power Requirement (W) 600
GTX 470: Minimum System Power Requirement (W) 550

You can read all about it here:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/GTX_400_uk.html

Also, i'm the only one who have the right to insult myself. How would you like it if i personally insulted you? ^^ just keep that in mind for future discussion with others..

I'm being ethnocentric in this forum because this is a computer forum after all.. i like to compare myself with others so i can learn and gain more knowledge.. I know that it can very often be misinterpretated as egocentricity..

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
Nvidia and ati mark up the power rating because 75% of PC's they get shoved in have generic no name, made in china power supplies that shouldn't be trusted with a light bulb.

Also Ryeong, you have the same attitude/mentality as my norwegian friend at school :p and he's also spoiled. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.