Left 4 Dead 2 Coldstream Released!

Darren

Staff member
I recently purchased L4D2 at the steam sales for $5. Turns out today they released 5 new campaigns. 4 are from the first Left 4 Dead and the 5th a community made one. Now every single campaign from the first game is in the second, rendering the first kind of pointless to have. Also a few other updates. Details in the link.

http://www.l4d.com/coldstream/

We should get some CoFo members to play some L4D2 together as I know there are several players on the forum.

claptonman

killalot09, add me.

jWYhK.png

SuperDuperMe

Awww man, and my pc is still ****ed :( bad days.

EDIT: The other 4 campaigns were already in lfd2 :/ So how have they released them again. Are you sure this isnt a console update as i know for a fact iv played death toll and dead air on my pc before (and i only own lfd2)

EDIT 2: The maps are for console players thats what the cross is for next to the title. The bit below is for us :p Map updates to make cold stream non beta. So really were only getting one map (which we already had in beta form) and some updates re mutations.

EDIT 3: I am so confused, steam says 5 new campaigns but iv played them before i know i have. On my pc :p Were they in beta with cold stream?

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
I'm pretty sure it just ported 4 of the campaigns from the first game in to the second and added Cold Stream, which was already in beta. I'll be up for some games Saturday and onward since I'm out of town and away from my computer.

WeatherMan

I remember playing L4D original before the 2nd came out, there were a load of modded maps that you could play, which I used to really enjoy.

I have since bought both games on steam, can you play modded maps on L4D2?

Hyper-Threaded

Ive been playing half life 2, neglected l2d2.

I tried l4d2 multiplayer, and its You vs. your teamates vs. Zombies, all they do is shoot each other. So I only play singleplayer.

claptonman

I remember playing L4D original before the 2nd came out, there were a load of modded maps that you could play, which I used to really enjoy.

I have since bought both games on steam, can you play modded maps on L4D2?

In steam: View > tools > add-on support