Left and Right Channel both come through left headphone.

Jonesin31

When I plug my headphones into the front jack of my pc, the sound only comes out of the left headphone only. It is actually both channels, I tested it in ReakTek and the left and right test sound come out of the left one only. The speakers that are plugged into the back work correctly. I've tried two sets of headphones and got the same results. Any ideas? Thanks.

Nanobyte

Something like this came up in the forum recently but I can't find the thread. My 2nd PC has some issues with the front panel audio. I vaguely remember that the front audio will work under certain circumstances. I did not bother to investigate since I don't use the front audio.

A quick fix is to run a short audio extension from the back to the front (laying the female connect on the desk or floor) and swop your speakers/headphones there. Turn down the volume before the swop.

Hitchtech

Does your audio card have some sort of automatic selector when you plug in headphones and perhaps it switches to mono or something? sounds like its just a setting somewhere.