Lenght of cables RM650x

Greenadine

Now my new upgrade is on it's way, I have to get a new cpu cooler since my current one isn't compatible with AM4. My current cooler is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, but I am planning to get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, which happens to be wider than the 212 EVO due to it having 1 fan on each side instead of just one fan on one side. This will cause my power cable for the processor to not be able to reach anymore, since I had to already let it go infront of my GPU to be able to reach it. Pictures of it here.

Now, I was going to get the Corsair RM650x so I'd be able to let the cable go behind the motherboard through the cable management system, and to be plugged in like that. Now my question is, what the lenghts are of the cables, and if it will reach. I'd rather not order this, to find out that it still won't reach.

Laquer Head

I have this exact PSU, but its in my rig so I can't accurately measure cable lengths.

What I can tell you is that its a terrific unit, being full modular is amazing for cable management and using it in a mid tower (Corsair 230T), and in my current full tower(Corsair 780T) has not posed any issues, with any of the included cables.

That being said, your layout/part are gonna vary from mine (specs in sig) so use this obviously as info only.

Greenadine

I have this exact PSU, but its in my rig so I can't accurately measure cable lengths.

What I can tell you is that its a terrific unit, being full modular is amazing for cable management and using it in a mid tower (Corsair 230T), and in my current full tower(Corsair 780T) has not posed any issues, with any of the included cables.

That being said, your layout/part are gonna vary from mine (specs in sig) so use this obviously as info only.

If you are using it in a full tower case, I'd imagine it not having any problems in my mid tower case. Which case do you have? Then I can compare it with my Sharkoon VG5-W?

Greenadine

And you were able to route all the cables (especially the 8-pin for the CPU) through the cable management system without any trouble?

jevery

I just finished a build with the RM650X using the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe mid tower. The CPU power cable was long enough to route it behind the MB no problem - though I bought an extension just in case.