Lenovo 700 15-isk laptop having problems when shut down

Molina301

So my laptop was working fine, but recently I decided to open it up and give it a good cleaning. All seemed well once I put it back together and booted it up, but I’ve noticed that the performance is a little bit poorer than before and when I shut down the computer I cannot immediately turn it back on again. I have to wait 25-30 mins usually. I hear the fan turn on the keyboard lights up but the screen doesn’t turn on and then it just shuts down again within a few seconds of turning it on, anyone have any idea what the problem can be.

Thank you.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When you opened it up, what exactly did you do? Did you remove the cpu heatsink?

Molina301

Yes I took out the heat sink but all I did with it is unscrew the fans to clean them then I put them back as they were. It looks exactly as the one in the attached picture.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 3

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Was a thermal pad or paste for the cpu heatsink? If paste, then you'll need to reapply new. Other then that, you may have other issues. The display not showing is worrying also.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well that is probably only part of your problem anyway I would expect. The 25-30 minutes before it works again is boggling though. If its truly overheating then it should only be a matter of a minute or two before it will turn back on. If you are not technically inclined I would really take it in to a repair shop to have them fix it. We can be replying back and forth for days and come up with nothing. If it was a mistake you make, you live and learn from it.