Lenovo G560 Laptop, good or not?

compp

banned
Saw that there is a $75 Gift Card with Purchase of Lenovo G560 06793JU 15.6-Inch Laptop, this price sounds good to me.

Up to the new 2010 Intel Core i5 processor...

Is this a good laptop?

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
It's probably a fine laptop. I've worked a bit with the older G550's and wasn't too happy with them. Plastics feel OK, but have a lot of flex to them. Keyboard's nice, but I'm not a fan of number pads on laptops (throws things off IMO). I'm not sure how much of this would actually correlate to the newer laptops though. I'd suggest checking one out in person if at all possible.

Oh yeah. And we've gotten a number of IBM Thinkpads in the shop recently with varying hardware issues. As well as they may be built, I'm beginning to think twice about Lenovo's over-all quality.

fattty

It's nice, but don't you think you should find a laptop with a better video card?
Intel GMA 4500MHD isn't very good...

pjtrucker

Hello compp,

Based on my research:

Lenovo G560 06793JU is a 15.6-inch laptop equipped with a 2.26 GHz Intel Core i5-430M Processor, 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM Memory, 320GB (5400RPM). It sports a 15.6″ LED Display, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD, Integrated web camera, Integrated high-speed WiFi, Touch-sensitive controls. The laptop runs on Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Operating System. Needless to say, such a configuration is good enough for our daily use, people are very satisfied with it.

As a well-configured 15.6″ laptop, the Lenovo G560 06793JU is great for most kind of uses, especially good for entertainment use, you’ll enjoy wonderful experience with it.

The Lenovo G560 06793JU notebook features Windows 7 Lenovo Enhanced Experience certification, delivering fast boot and shutdown, rich multimedia capabilities including high-definition graphics support, and easy system maintenance tools. What’s more, the G560 is equipped with an Intel Core i5 processor, providing a new level of intelligent performance. So I’m pretty sure you guys will love it too.

Thanks,

Last edited:

pjtrucker

Hello compp,

Now based on the specifications:

The Lenovo G560 06793JU comes with some very cool features, let’s take a look.

Features:

Breakthrough Intelligence

* Up to the new 2010 Intel Core i5 processor
* Up to Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
* Lenovo Energy Management 5.0 enables extended battery life, long-term battery durability and lower noise output through dynamic fan control

Breakthrough Entertainment

* 15.6 inch high-definition LED backlight display, 16:9 widescreen
* HD graphics support and HDMI connector
* High-performance multimedia: DDR3 memory and up to 500GB HDD storage
* DVD reader/writer
* Integrated high-speed WiFi
* Numeric keypad for easier data logging and gaming

Breakthrough Technology

* Integrated web camera
* Touch-sensitive controls
* OneKey Rescue System for quick and easy data recovery with antivirus protection
* VeriFace facial recognition technology – a fun way to log in to your PC

A Better Windows 7 Experience

* Lenovo Enhanced Experience for Windows 7 provides a faster, richer and easier way to use your PC

Of course, these are just the main features this Lenovo laptop delivers, you’ll find out more when you get the laptop.

Specs:

* 2.26 GHz Intel Core i5-430M Processor
* 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM Memory upgradeable up to 8 GB DDR3
* 320GB (5400RPM)
* 15.6″ LED Display; Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

***Hope my 2 posts HELPS***

Thanks,

Last edited: