WIndows 10 Lenovo laptop boot problem

kopi

I have a Windows 10 laptop.
After I tried to turn it on again after several months I get the folowings message:
https://files.fm/f/c2u5auy9
(It says computer repair was not succesful).
I tried some things recomended online:
- coping files from regback
- sfc scan comand
- rgchd comands
None of that help, but now there is diffrent message at the begining:
https://files.fm/f/3y84wud2

If I try to load windows 10 via USB, when I chosse this options laptop just restart ang goes to beging error message.

Does anybody know why this happens and what can I do. Thanx for answers.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you go into settings, then update and security, then recovery and choose to reset this pc? If that don't work then you'll have to wipe the drive and do a fresh install. To get the laptop to boot to usb you might have to disable secure boot and enable legacy boot to be able to boot to usb. Does the laptop have a cd drive? You might be able to press F10 or F12 to pull up the boot menu upon restarting to be able to boot to usb. Depending on the laptop the key you press will be different.

kopi

I can't go to settings because I can choose restat or other options, which gives options like: autorepair, comand promt, repair startup, repair from disk image and a cople more similar options. I can't do anthylign else.

If I wipe the drive and do a fress install, can I obtain data on computer?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, sorry about that, I had just woke up and wasn't fully awake yet. You would have to remove the drive and copy the data to a backup drive then reinstall windows and move the data back.

kopi

How do I do that? I only have options I listed: auto repair, comand promt, repair setup and things like that. I can't use start comand or desktop or anything similar.

kopi

I have alredy done bootable USB, but if I choose option boot from USB, computer just restarts after cuple seconds and then gives the same error mesage.

If I manage to do that will data stay?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Thats because you need to change boot settings in the bios. Follow my first post about disabling secure boot and enabling legacy boot and then have usb be your first boot device.

If I manage to do that will data stay?

NO, you'll have to copy that to a different drive first.

Have you tried scanning the hard drive for errors since it hasn't been used in a long time?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Until you disable secure boot in the bios, you won't get it to boot to usb or CD/DVD. If you aren't familiar with how to do things like this, you may have to take it in to a repair shop and them diagnose the problem and tell you how much it would cost to get it up and running again.