Lenovo Laptop internet issues (Windows 10)

Da Mail Man

Greetings all,
This posting will be somewhat fragmented as I am rather stressed at this point.

I was messing around with my Lenovo Laptop (a POS in my opinion) that I was given, running Windows 10 (64 bit), plenty of hd space and ram and about 1.8gh processor, and I must have deleted something I should not have ( a setting maybe?)

I now have no internet ability. I made a restore point before all this happened and also previously CLONED the internal hard drive (about a month ago) to an external hard drive for such an emergency as this. I don't think I even see my internal NIC adapter (so-to-speak)....I have utilized 3-4 of my most recent restore points to no avail.

There is a "recovery partition" I see on the internal hard drive and I think that it will re-load the OS and leave all the current files, etc intact......Timid about using this for sure.

Can I clone back my EXTERNAL hd backup to the internal sshd hd? (I don't know if there will be issues because one is an IDE external and the laptop is SSD.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Can I clone back my EXTERNAL hd backup to the internal sshd hd? (I don't know if there will be issues because one is an IDE external and the laptop is SSD.
That's why you cloned it in the first place isn't it?

Da Mail Man

That's why you cloned it in the first place isn't it?

##############################
Thanks for the reply....

I thought I saw some text someplace about issues involving ssd to sata or vice versa....That is why I asked.......

Your opinion on using the aforementioned recovery partition?

Da Mail Man

Thanks for the reply....

I attempted to locate resolutions and troubleshoot the computer but, had pages that attempted to open but, "faded away" quickly.....There are other "permissions" errors that are happening......

I can find the adapter but, when I attempt to (re)-install drivers from the "window" to do same, it says cannot find any......I am going to attempt to "clone back" the copy I made a month ago and see if that solves all the issues.......

Da Mail Man

HORRIBLE UPDATE,

I downloaded a script program called "TRON" and ran same as a last effort before cloning back the ext hd backup I made of 10 home to the sshd inside the laptop......Results, after a few hours - NOTHING - no changes.

I began the task of "restoring" the hd and something went horribly WRONG.....Cannot access desktop and it says that I need "recovery tools" (for lack of a better name) to get into this &^#%&^^$^ thing!.......

I have spent the last 2hrs attempting to fine + DL a "start-up" win 10 64bit file to place on a usb drive and hopefully have the laptop boot into it.........WITH NO LUCK..........Any links or ideas?

Da Mail Man

#########################

Thanks....this may be one of the sites I may have read.....having read so many, I just don't remember.....Will re-read it after I take a break...I don't want to reinstall windows just make a recovery disc....If I have no choice, can reinstall "10" and then, re-attempt to clone back my ext hd............I would have to do whatever via usb only as this has no cdrom......

Last edited:

Da Mail Man

UPDATE -
(see pict)....

1.....Went to link supplied,
2.....Formatted 64gn flash drive,
3.....Downloaded program,
4.....RIGHT clicked on it as ADMINISTRATOR,
**and get error message.

Not sure if it means anything but, since laptop is "belly-up", I am doing this on a Windows 7 computer...

Attachments

• error message.jpg
    error message.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 6

Da Mail Man

.........Guess not...

At any rate, the usb boot-installer-etc did not work at all.......

Roofus didn't work so, tried another and that did the trick....

I used a different installer and dled-ed windows 10....I now have access.......

I also noticed that there is a c and d drive and apparently, the d drive is the defective drive containing all my "previous"......

What I am concerned about is activating this laptop or, should I reattempt to copy back my ext hard drive backup?...