WIndows 10 Lenovo Laptop Turns On Then Off

mattfaria12

I have a lenovo laptop computer that turns on then off after a second and keeps doing this until i shut it down. I put ram that works into the lenovo and it still turns on and off. It basically turns on when i press the button, does not boot and then turns off and keeps doing this. Any suggestions on what can be the problem?

mattfaria12

The thing is i tried the RAM (from the lenovo) in another laptop and its recognized the RAM perfectly. Plus i tried some ram from another computer (which works) on the lenovo and the same thing happens on the lenovo.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
But some computers are picky about what ram you use especially if its mixed with another stick. Are you using the ram by itself or mixing it with other ram?

mattfaria12

Well i brought it to work today and we tied RAM that works and it still doing the same thing. But one guy saw that their was a beep code (5) and it seems like its a CPU problem now. Is it worth trying to install a new CPU?

Darren

Staff member
Unlikely. Model?

I'd reset CMOS for good measure and disconnect the battery for a good 30+ minutes. Just give it a good hard power cycle, can sometimes fix stuff like this.