Lenovo pc dead.

suto

I'm worried. Yesterday, I was using my computer (a Lenovo IdeaCentre aio 520-iku) as usual, but it's quite old and was experiencing some lag. Previously, we had upgraded the RAM to 8GB because it was extremely slow and almost unusable. I'm not very tech-savvy, but I assumed that the issues it had been having for the past few months were related to power or memory problems. My computer is essential to me because I work on drawing with a graphics tablet. There were times when the screen would flicker black but still function. I cleaned it (possibly in vain) about four days ago and deleted around 20GB of data, in case that was the issue.

Yesterday, while I was drawing, the Opera browser informed me that my computer was using too much memory and needed a refresh. Typically, when this happens, I'd give it a restart, and it would return to normal. But yesterday, I ignored it due to my rush, and to my surprise, it went into sleep mode, and I know this because the graphics tablet stopped recognizing the computer.

I restarted it, and when it powered on, it displayed the usual Lenovo logo but showed no image. I turned it off again and attempted to turn it back on. It made a strange noise from inside, as if something had blown and caused a short circuit. As expected, the computer shut down on its own.

I haven't tried turning it on again because I'm aware that doing so could damage other components. I don't know if there's any possibility of recovery because it's an integrated system, and if it's a CPU issue, it may be more difficult to fix. I'm at university, and there are files and drawings on there that I didn't get a chance to save , and I'd like to know if I can retrieve them. This feels like a kick in the ass.

Now that my computer is dead, I regret many things because it was showing symptoms of not working well. The fans were running loudly, the screen's RGB distorted after connecting the HDMI tablet, and, of course, it started experiencing power outages. If you can suggest a solution, I would appreciate it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is a failing or already dead hard drive. Which if it is its too late to save any data off it.