Lets make a Technician site

Juha_Mantyla

Hi people.
I have been thinking of a website where people can come and get help with their computerrelated problems and technicans can chat and even help people thru VPN and remote desktop systems. A free websupportsystem for everybody where people that can help people that can't!

Is there anybody out there who would like to help building such a site. I think this kind of site can improve peoples interest for computers and together make solutions thru discussions and questions.

You can write to me at [email protected] or submit a reply here.
Dear regards

Juha Mäntylä
Gothenburg, Sweden

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Whats wrong with working on expanding something like this which already has an infrastructure? :)

Juha_Mantyla

Thats true

It true that there are done infrastructures for this but the best is always to make everything from the beginning so it fits the porpose of its use. This site I see more as a discussforum and not a supportforum .

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
This site I see more as a discussforum and not a supportforum .

I have to disagree, this site is firmly pointed towards support, the vast majority of people who sign up here do so in order to ask a question and not become involved in discussions and the such; thus it is not justified in describing it as primarily discuss and not support. The only places that discussions take place on a regular basis are in Computer Games & Consoles and General Chat. Troubleshooting and support are the primary concerns of this site as a forum and not as a discussion board as far as i see.

Juha_Mantyla

Supportforum VS supportsite

It is true that this site can be ssen as a supportforum but I would like to have more options like a knowledge base, a realtime-chat, some programs for troubleshooting a computer and maybe how-to flashanimations. The main thing about this supportsite isn't in the discussforum. I would like to have site where a user can directly click to the solutions based on what problems haved accured to her/his computer.
Also a updatesite (for both programs and drivers) would be interesting to include to this.

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
Juha_Mantyla said:
I would like to have site where a user can directly click to the solutions based on what problems haved accured to her/his computer.
Also a updatesite (for both programs and drivers) would be interesting to include to this.

Those features do sound interesting and good luck with it.

I see however real-time chat as a real vice on support as I have found them to be troublesome in the past as you find yourself being forced to go over things again and again in a time-consuming loop, most importantly you answer questions that 1) answers may be found easily elsewhere 2) you find yourself answering the same question repeatedly. You can also face a situation where users are seen to hound you to a certain extent; whereas forums build vast databases which allow for the massive database and put the user in a situation where they can become used to looking for answers themselves, where real-time chat suppor does not.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
you find yourself answering the same question repeatedly. You can also face a situation where users are seen to hound you to a certain extent
Very true. Also, there's the problem of offering such a feature which is brilliant ... and not being able to deliver 24x7 type of thing :)

where users are seen to hound you to a certain extent
Dont i know that one :p