Lets Talk Restoration CD's and Partitions

wildbill

OK here's the deal, HP has a knack for NOT INCLUDING a backup copy of Windows, instead they stick you with a restoration partition. My new Gateway had a restore partition on it, so I made a disc cause there were a few useful programs on it that I knew wouldn't come with the Windows cd. I managed to get it to work one time, then the next time I tried it, under the same condition, it failed for reasons forgotten.

So my question is, how do you make the restore cd work like it's suppose to, even when your infected with a million viruses, trojans, and worms??

techdude

OK here's the deal, HP has a knack for NOT INCLUDING a backup copy of Windows, instead they stick you with a restoration partition.

I have seen a lot of computer manufacturers do this recently...it was always nice to have a restore disc provided....

Last edited:

wildbill

I've done that to, but the last time I ran the restore CD, it got half way then quit. Said there was something wrong with the disc, but it was a new disc. Would've been the second time I used it.

joester

I had been "blessed" with the same recovery with my Dell. I closely monitored the warranty expiration. 2 days before it expired, I called them up and told them I was getting "imminent Hard drive failure" messages on start up.

I requested recovery discs since the drive was in need of replacement, and my intent was to install a 320GB drive instead of the 40 GB it came with.

They sent them with little argument.