Lighted keyboards

Knouse1344

Okay. I am looking for a lighted up keyboard. The problem is, is that i dont want a laptop keyboard, i want a regular one. Does anyone know any good sites for that. Thanks

K-Dawg

Is the first link a real keyboard no just a laptop one though? just a few questions u might know, Does it have a on/off key, and i see it says that it has a ps/2 port. Can it still connect to my computer?

4W4K3

VIP Member
buy a cheap keyboard...take it apart. buy some lighted wire and run it under the keys (may have ot make grooves if buttons dont push down). takes a few dayz to make..but it looks good and its really cheap. thats how i did it for a friend. his is blue. you can also do diff colors and stuff like that...very customizable.

Nephilim

VIP Member
I came very very close to getting the EluminX luminescent keyboard after reading up on it. It seems to be a very well constucted keyboard and has the full number pad as well :)

http://www.eluminx.com/

I opted for the Logitech Cordless MX Duo instead :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Just a wild idea here but do they make lit keyboards that have different colors for different sets of keys? :p

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
How about making a keyboard from a touch-screen TFT? Then not just the colours, but even the keys’ shape would be fully customizable. :D

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Just joking... :D
But the touch-screen thing could be very useful in a multilingual environment - changing the keyboard layout would change the letters on the keys too...

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
And here comes the simple solution: paint the keys with phosphorescent paint, and you're set. No need for batteries and it works with cordless keyboards too. :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes i've thought of that but phosphorescent paint doesnt work so well in extended dark operations (i.e., 30 hours nonstop dark kinda deal). Even though I'm not a fan of them bling bling keyboards I think i might get one as the place im moving to in the fall is in the basement and the first thing im doing is sealing the windows so there's not a trace of light :p

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You can recharge that paint with a camera-flash (but with closed eyes, otherwise you won’t see a thing for a couple of minutes :eek:).
If you intend to block out the sun completely, then you might need to supply your own personal hardware with vitamin D in pills or beer (<- my choice :p).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL some of the keyboards are okay but they are typically extra-bright to accomodate a bright/non-pitch-black environment ... I cant find ones that use red (as to preserve nightvision) or a very dull blue.