Limewire Issues

d3adpoetic

First off,i dont steal music.

Now that i said that,im trying to figure out why it wont start up. Ive downloaded the latest version of the program from their site, as well as the latest java.

When i start the program it goes through the start up list of things until it gets to "digital audio access protocol" then it crashes after that.

Ive reformatted my hard disk and it worked before so idk whats different. Im running vista home premium 32bit. It couldnt be the new mobo could it? cause thats why i reformatted. Idk why that would play any part in it though.

hondro

I'd try making sure all my sound drivers were updated and if that didnt work try redownloading and installing limewire..possibly going back to the older version taht did work would help too.

d3adpoetic

Thanks for the response.

I should have the latest sound drivers. If i dont theyre damn near impossible to find cause i was looking for them a few days ago when i had sound problems then realized they were on the mobo driver disk...lol...couldnt find them anywhere.

The latest version is the one that worked before. However,i did try to install earlier versions but they wouldnt even open period. I clicked on the icon,the loading window popped up but then disappeared. The actual program never started.

gormo7

Hi,

I also do not steal music! just to get that clear, if i want a song i wont be tight, ill go buy it!

However i do have a problem, i recently installed limewire and did a couple of audio searches. i left limewire running and it has downloaded some images, without me telling it to! it just so turns out that these images are dirty pictures. but i didnt tell it to download anything!
has anyone ever experienced this at all?

mike25

Gormo, you know what i thought id gone crazy when this happened to me, id had limewire installed for about 4 months though, did they appear in your saved folder or incomplete folder? because i had some videos that i didnt download appear in my incomplete folder.

i had my computer checked out for all spyware,malware,virus checked and everything. Yet i still have no idea how it happened!

gormo7

they was in the incomplete folder, i thought maybe i had started downloading them by accident then realised and cancelled them, but i usually have a good memory and dont thik that happened!

d3adpoetic

ive never had a problem with it.

maybe people should be more careful and stop downloading things that are only 500KB when theyre looking for something thats actually 50MB or more...common sense goes a long way.

cohen

GUYS!!!!

Against the Forum rules!!!

You are talking about a program that is used to illegal purposes!

Forum Rules / Ian said:
2. Discussions which actively encourage illegal hacking/malicious harm to computers/networks is prohibited.

Pls read them VERY carefully!

:mad:

d3adpoetic

Im not talking about "illegal hacking/malicious harm to computers/networks", nor do i encourage it. what people get themselves into is their own problem.

I simply have an issue with the program's operation and stability.

Go kiss ass somewhere else.

dude calm the F down, its only illigal if you use it for illigal perposes, its not agesnt forum rules, to ask a question, who knows there are tons of things that are legal to download from limewire, all you have to do is filter the illigal results

and second you can get files strait from a differnt ip, its not all illigal

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
GUYS!!!!

Against the Forum rules!!!

You are talking about a program that is used to illegal purposes!

Pls read them VERY carefully!

:mad:

Please don't moderate other members. Rule number 2 has nothing to do with what's being discussed here, and I don't have any problems with this thread.

laznz1

LIMEWIRE IS NOT PROMOTING ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

there are files that can be downloaded legally some txt files for example

hondro

ok i did some googling and found people with the same problem. apparently its a bug in certain versions. They say doing an offline install fixed their problems (when the download box pops up click cancel and you should get the option to do an offline install)

d3adpoetic

(when the download box pops up click cancel and you should get the option to do an offline install)

how does that make sense?

so i go to the website,when im prompted to download the installer i cancel that to get an "offline install"?

how can i get an offline install if i dont download the installer?

cpt.obvious

If you have limwire on your computer, THAT'S STEALING! My cousin just got a 3000 dollar fine for it for just sharing her music and she didn't know she was. She bought all her bought music legally. Yes, but if you have LEGALLY bought music and your running threw limewire BE SURE to turn off sharing. I know limwire has SOME legal things but if you turn on limewire when sharing on. Your going to get caught.

Last edited:

d3adpoetic

If you have limwire on your computer, THAT'S STEALING! My cousin just got a 3000 dollar fine for it for just sharing her music and she didn't know she was. She bought all her bought music legally. Yes, but if you have LEGALLY bought music and your running threw limewire BE SURE to turn off sharing. I know limwire has SOME legal things but if you turn on limewire when sharing on. Your going to get caught.

Having limewire on your computer is not stealing. It's a program thats freely available to the public. What people choose to use it for is their business.

Other than that,I agree. It's easy to turn off sharing though. The first thing i do when i install it is make sure im not sharing anything. Most of the people i've heard of that get caught are stupid and run it over a school campus network. i mean really? thats just dumb.