Limited or No Connectivity????

Jill_Llij

I'm trying to set up a second computer on a wireless connection at my parents, and I got the network key which allows access, but now it says the connection speed is fine, and signal strength is fine, which is good. However, it keeps saying "Limited or No Connectivity" and, also, when I go to repair it, it says: "the problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer."
Does anyone know why this is happening and how to resolve it?
I've never had so much trouble with a computer in my life! Eeeeek!

Thanks for helping!
:eek:

LTSPLAY

ahhhh i refuse to adapt to wireless but anyway.... try assigning each computer its own ip address
ie

and for the second comp

i dont mean to insult your intelligence with writting all that but im just so bored right now im typing whatever i can

aaron

Jill_Llij

Maybe I don't understand the answer, in which case you're probably entitled to insult my intelligence. Wouldn't both my parents computer and my computer have different IP adresses anyway? Why would I need to assign them different ones? After checking it looks like there computer starts with 192 and mine starts with 169........so it seems that wouldn't be the problem unless I'm not understanding your response.

Do I need to open up the internet options and authorize specific IP addresses or something for wireless connections? Maybe my question wasn't clear.

Thanks!:)

Jill_Llij

I'm not certain what a wireless/connector card is, I have Intel Pro/Wireless, and the connection is working fine with my parents computer. When I check the details for my connection it says the speed is 54.0 Mbps, and the signal strength is great. It also says the device is working properly when I click on 'Configure', so I'm unsure what is wrong. I do know that when I click on 'Repair' it says it has problem renewing the IP address. When I check for further details it says there is a problem with the network address. I'm not sure what to do at that point to allow a connection to my computer.

I turned my computer on/off, the router on/off, the cable modem on/off, and I have hit repair a few times. Nothing has changed though. It just keeps saying the status is 'Limited or No Connectivity' and I can't connect to any web pages. The internet does not work at all.

lhstud10

it is probably the program that is used to transfer the data. are you using windows to connect or a different program? are you using Internet explore or firefox?

Jill_Llij

I'm using Windows, and my browser is Firefox, although I also have IE and have tried that with the same results.

robina_80

i get signal good or very good, but sometimes it cuts out on me just reset your router

EDIT or go into your router settings by typing in your router ip address in the address bar in firefox or ie and make your computers have different ips

Last edited:

Ben

VIP Member
Aha, I've had this problem multiple times, and believe it or not...it's one of the easiest problems to fix. I found the program about a month ago when I was setting up my network. I have a linksys router, so I figured to look at their site first to see if they could fix it, and whattya know! They can! I'm not really sure why some networks do this, but at least there's a way to fix it. Here's the link to the program.

http://www.linksysfix.com/check/HomePage/index.htm?callerID=WS

Click on easylink connect, the first in the list. It should automatticly download for you and then you can run the program on the computer and everything should run great! Good luck! :D

Last edited: