"Line in" Recording Problem in Toshiba Laptop

moahce

hello guyz.
I transfer my desktop PC into a Toshiba Laptop with windows 7 .
recently I need strongly to record stream internet sounds.
I used "sony sound forge" and "system recorder" and another known programs but I can't reach to my destination.
recorded sounds quality is very low because this files recorded with microphone and I didn't want this.
my laptop soundcard has no "line in" or something related with this .
(in winxp with my pc I record my files with "LINE In" a lot of times".)
Now , how I can record stream files such as songs or other with best quality with a trick or program?

OvenMaster

VIP Member
Depends on your software and sound settings.

Make sure that your recording software - Audacity is a good one - is set to record "Wave" or "Stereo Out" or "What U Hear".
Your laptop's onboard sound and drivers must also support recording in this way... some do not.

moahce

Depends on your software and sound settings.

Make sure that your recording software - Audacity is a good one - is set to record "Wave" or "Stereo Out" or "What U Hear".
Your laptop's onboard sound and drivers must also support recording in this way... some do not.

my sound card has no ability of "Wave" or "Stereo Out" or "What U Hear" .
i update it but this wasn't show.
(right click and select "deactived ... " doesnt no show another choice ).

OvenMaster

VIP Member
Purchase yourself a usb external sound card with line in.... problem solved.
A friend of mine has had this same problem. He's trying to record MIDI with his Akai MINIAK synth on his Toshiba laptop. He simply couldn't do it because the drivers and sound chip don't allow it. He went the USB route and there's just no way to get it to output useable sound without horrible lag. He ended up connecting his keyboard to an emachines desktop with a single-core Sempron.

MMM

A friend of mine has had this same problem. He's trying to record MIDI with his Akai MINIAK synth on his Toshiba laptop. He simply couldn't do it because the drivers and sound chip don't allow it. He went the USB route and there's just no way to get it to output useable sound without horrible lag. He ended up connecting his keyboard to an emachines desktop with a single-core Sempron.
Not all hardware & software is equal in performance, depends on what you have...
I have seen USB sound card dongles in use with recording with no problems,unfortunately it can be trial & error but if you go to a reputable computer shop I'm sure they will will be willing to give advice what would be suitable for your laptop.