Linksys Modem / Router Issue

I have a Linksys TD-W8961N modem / router. I have one desktop, two iPhones, and two tablets attached via WiFi, to this device.

Sometimes, at no particularly noticed intervals, the tablets will not be able to "see" the SSID being broadcast from the modem / router, therefore will not be able to connect to it. However, they can "see" other nearby connections that are broadcast. But, the desktop and phones continue to connect, and remain connected to the network.

As an aside, I changed the settings on both tablets recently, allowing the WiFi connection to stay on, even during sleep mode. Not sure if this has helped yet, or not. Too early to tell if it has sorted the issue. Otherwise, does anyone have an idea as to why this happens, or what may be causing it?

You can try decreasing the beacon interval so that clients will more rapidly hear about your SSID (pg. 29)
Okay. It was at the default of 100ms. I dropped it to 55ms. Heck, I am willing to try anything. Though, I'm still scratching my head as to why this is happening in the first place. I replaced the previous unit (same model) about 2 months back. This issue never came up with it.

Staying connected during sleep should help although would take a hit on battery life.
Yeah, that did cross my mind. But, with battery life per charge on newer tablets, I figure it will hardly be noticed.

Thanks for the assistance.