Linksys Router (WRT54GL) no Internet Light

WestC07

I have a Linksys WRT54GL that is about 3 years old. I recently exchanged my cable internet modem for a new one because my previous model decided to stop working.

With my new modem, when connected directly to the PC the PC Link light stays on and I have internet service. When I connect the Cable modem to the Linksys router, the PC Link light stays off, and the Internet light does not illuminate on the router either.

I've tried:
-MAC Address Clone
-Rebooting router
-Rebooting modem
-Exchanging ethernet cables

The funny thing is, I can get the modem to work with my PC and my PS3, but not my XBOX 360 or Linksys router.

Can anyone help me? Settings or etc. to change on the router that may get it to work? Or should I completely reset the router... etc.

Again, the router model is a WRT54GL and the Modem is a RCA DCM425.

Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you power cycled your router? Usually when you replace your modem, you have to turn everything off and reboot it so it can aquire an ip address and other things from the modem.

WestC07

I had rebooted everything and run multiple configurations.

I had a buddy come over yesterday and help me out with everything and we've pretty much come to the conclusion that when the original cable modem I had quit, it nuked the ports of the X360 and the router. The 360 still works but never sees an internet connection while my 360 in the other room works fine.

Put it up to learning by mistakes I guess, should have unplugged everything when the storm came but even then I came out lucky.