Linksys To Server Connect???

Guelo13

Does anyone know how to connect a samba server off a linksys router? My cable modem gives the server internet and then the server gives my other computers internet. But i want to separtely connect the server off the linksys router, and off the the linksys router open another port to give my other computers access to the internet through a hub switch. I want to do this because the server fails me here and there and i don't want to depend on the server anymore. I just want to be able to access those files on the server. thanks.

Last edited:

ilovefishsticks

Guelo13 said:
Does anyone know how to connect a samba server off a linksys router? My cable modem gives the server internet and then the server gives my other computers internet. But i want to separtely connect the server off the linksys router, and off the the linksys router open another port to give my other computers access to the internet through a hub switch. I want to do this because the server fails me here and there and i don't want to depend on the server anymore. I just want to be able to access those files on the server. thanks.
go under the router configuration where you can forward and mask ports. The only option for what you suggested from what i see is ither
a) you get 3 routers one wired which has input from modem, and it branches out to 2 seperate routers, i doubt this would help at all
b) you can pay double your cable/dsl bill(assuming ur not using dial up) and get 2 modems hooked up.