linksys Wireless Router

idahoduk

My notebook is having prolems with my wireless router. My wife's notebook has never had any problems so I know that the router is good. I have a MSI wireless card and a belkin adapter. Neither work very well. I don't know much about wireless networking either. Both of my wireless adapters have software and I've tried both thier software and windows XP. I'm at a loss.

csi1189

I have wireless all through the house - more details of your problem may help in solving it.. I may be able to be of some assistance to you.

idahoduk

I just noticed that I am not sending any packets. I installed anouther driver and it seems to be working though.

And ideas???

csi1189

hmmm, sounds like you're not even connected to the wireless router - otherwise you would at least be sending packets, even if you were not able to get online. so is everything working now it sounds like?

idahoduk

I'm online now, but still not sending any packets. I think by changing the driver it got it up and running but I'm still confused about the packets.

csi1189

the packets basically show you that you're communicating with the router itself - and with the network. if you can connnect with other computers in your network, everything is fine. if not, you still need alittle work.