Linksys WMP54G

ainsley80

Back again......

I finally managed to set up my linksys router and even my ASUS AP for the xbox and all is working well. As for my Wireless G card........

The card is properly installed into the PCI slot, and is recognised under device manager as a network controller. When I go to the next stage to set up the the software and driver the provided cd won't load.....it just flashes up on the screen for a second. I went through ' cd explorer' etc to try to get it up but no joy. So, I thought, fine, duff cd, and downladed the software and driver from Linkysys international. Unfortunatley, this does the same thing. ??!!

When I go into add hardware and try 'install driver' or try to select 'update driver' through device manager nothing happens.....the tab clicks but no further screens. Its like my computer doesn't want to be associated with Linksys and refuses to accept that its even there!

Any thoughts?!

AFoster

You say the card is recognised and shows in the device manager. Is it showing as fully functional?

My advice would be to uninstall the card, go through the registry and remove all references to the wireless card and then reinstall the card (in a different slot if possible) and see if that results in it working correctly.

I had a Linksys wireless PCI card that appeared to be correctly installed but could'nt locate my router (even though I could see it from a laptop in the same room as the wireless card) - doing the above cured the problem.

S_Doherty

Definately uninstall everythin associated with it, try it in another slot....if you are running xp let it discover the harware and direct it to use the software that you downloaded from the linksys site.