Linux (Free) Vs. Windows ($$$)

Kesava

i like linux. and i would definately use it if i could get the internet working...

unfortunately i cant cos im on a network and dont know how. i have asked here and on ubuntu forums.

if i could get it working then i would use ubuntu as my only OS.

Kesava

ok one. it would seem that you dont know much about linux if you say that.

and 2. how do i do it then? it doesnt work like a normal connection. it wont autodetect. and it doesnt work when i put in my ip and gateway.

BluePlum

banned
What linux you using? ubuntu? And i no lots about linux. Try this command. Sudo apt-get install i no more then you fool

patrickv

I Went linux. AND ITS GAY! WHOEVER LIKES LINUX IS A LITTLE KID WHO GETS AMAZED BY A BALLOON! SO the windows wobble? wow..... thats all. And someone said linux good for hacking? cant run any .exe files. OOOOOOO but every1 says it can with wine. NEWS FLASH IT RUNS LIKE 1 .exe FILE AND THATS ALL. Linux is unstable, bad, and empty. Windows is stable and safe. But linux cant get viruses! WHO DOWLOADS A VIRUS? ONLY NOOBS DO! i rest my case.

P.S if you didnt get which OS i follow.

LINUX=GAY=LINUX USERS=GAY!

kuzba its so easy to join a network.... easier on ubuntu.

lol, you got me laughing like sooo hard :p:p:p
ok jokes aside, face it most people don't even understand linux, they just use for the fun of it and go "hey linux rules" just because XGL/compiz or whatever it's called.
Linux has it's advantages over windows and you need to know how to use it, but anyhoo it was great reading your post. i wud read it over and over :p

_simon_

*sigh* so much crap being spouted in this thread but then given the title and opening post I'm not surprised.

I used Linux for 2 years, came back to Windows XP for gaming and will return to Linux when I've had my fill. Never, ever had any stability issues. It is more secure in that you don't need any malware software.

Any serious users please ignore BluePlum who is clearly acting their age. Their gay comment proves that without having to bother reading any of their other posts. Why exactly would anyone want to run an exe under Linux anyway? It's a Windows file format. Kind of like trying to run your petrol car on diesel.

BluePlum

banned
lol bad mr.t! u quoted on my post and then the mods sent me a letter saying im a bad boy! lol i dleted but its in your post. Good 1! lol

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
lol bad mr.t! u quoted on my post and then the mods sent me a letter saying im a bad boy! lol i dleted but its in your post. Good 1! lol
I do like how you are blaming him as if he did something wrong, maybe you would be so courteous as to not be so ignorant towards members and entire communities next time

GameMaster

I want this guy banned. Seriously, some1 ban Blue Plum! That infraction isn't enough...
He still has a signature with GameMaster=Moustache.
I don't get it how can it be tolerated? I may have some moustaches but I'm not a moustache I'm man.
Lol.
Now he keeps spitting on people...Ban that guy.

apj101

VIP Member
I want this guy banned. Seriously, some1 ban Blue Plum! That infraction isn't enough...
He still has a signature with GameMaster=Moustache.
I don't get it how can it be tolerated? I may have some moustaches but I'm not a moustache I'm man.
Lol.
Now he keeps spitting on people...Ban that guy.
I have issued an infraction and will keep an eye on Blueplum. I will also remove the reference in his sig

blueplum, be careful. I will not hesitate to ban you if i feel you are being a nuisance. You may think it is funny to laugh at your infraction now but i've banned many users who have come back afterwards pleading forgiveness and not being able to explain why they acted like they did, claiming they got swept up in the moment.
Dont be another one of them!

Last edited:

Motoxrdude

Eh, to tell you the truth, both linux and windows are good. Windows is mainstream and pretty much everyone knows how to use it. It isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Don't get me wrong though, i would never pay to use it, but it's good for the average joe.

Me, i love linux. I love the customizability (yes, new word) of it. I like being able to make it work exactly how i like it, even though it requires some work. You get a kind of satisfaction out of making something work which didn't before. I also like how it is open souce so i can recompile the kernel and do any modifications to it like adding support for certain hardware. Also it's cool to run an OS that was made by volunteers.

BluePlum

banned
lol gamemaster, my sigs changed... i feel violated. Also ive been banned b4, it gave me time to leave the computer, ( doesnt mean ban me ) and gamemaster was joking, ive known him on msn for a while.

GameMaster

I loved Ubuntu for some time, it seemed so ''accessible'' to me as unexperienced user, but then again I felt I need something more accessible although I was becoming better and better...it's somehow not helping to know that most people are on Windows and you are on Ubuntu, like 15 years old boy acting some1 smart using Linux OS?
So I switched,but planning to use it again soon...very soon.
Btw Plummy, who says I was joking? now I'm satisfied as no longer people can read what your sig was pointing to... But please why are you acting that way?