Linux install.

ahajv4life

Ok, dumb problem, I've done this before, just COMPLETELY forgot what I did. Trying to install Linux. DL'ed the ISO's from th websit directly. But I don't know what to do with them. I've extracted, I've mounted them Alcohol.....but no idea. When I extract from the first disc, this is what's in it.View attachment 1035

there's no boot.iso, nothing....little lost.. Thx for the help.

Last edited:

ahajv4life

I have tried with Nero, and Alcohol, and it burns just what you see. I've tried doing bootable, but nothing yet. I'll try using DeepBurner. But shouldn't I be able to mount it with Alcohol120, and go from there?

ahajv4life

Ok ya, I just burned it to cd, and the same thing in the picture comes up. Just files, nothing I can do with them. what do I do with these files?

Last edited:

Greg J.

VIP Member
Hmm, that is interesting.

I assume you've already done all of the following:

Running check-sum program to ensure 100%, uncorrupt Linux download
Newest or older version firmware for disc burner
Newest drivers (or tried older drivers) for the burner
Disc burner bootable
If cable is IDE, not longer than 18 inches
good IDE cable (at least 80 wire UDMA-66)
Correct BIOS settings.
Good power supply
Good media rated for proper speed
Machine and drive internally clean
Tried different versions or newest versions of burning software
disc burning enabled in Windows XP
Burning at slow speed to ensure data integrity
Only one burner program open at a time

Burning correct image to correct disc (CD type image to CD, DVD type image to DVD).
Free Convertor program, if needed:
http://www.imgburn.com/

If you've done all of this already, we need other members' help in this thread. :eek:

Last edited:

b3stbuddy

Ok, I know this is an old post but I'll give some info anyway.

I think the issue was caused because you mounted the image with alcohol. Therefore when you go to burn it you are burning the contents of the image instead of the image itself. Don't mount the image with anything. Just open Nero and from the top menu choose -- recorder -- burn image and select one of the iso's you downloaded and repeat for the others, all should be well and the 1st cd should be bootable.