Linux Mint 8 on Windows 7

eckx

i am running mint 8 on virtualbox with 7 as the host os. i cant seem to get the full screen experience when i run mint 8. there is an option for full screen but its jsut a small screen in the center of the screen with a black border. can someone help me with this.

whs

The latest vBox version is supposed to have a setting where you can increase the screen size. I have not used vBox in a while, but maybe you can find it.

Motoxrdude

i am running mint 8 on virtualbox with 7 as the host os. i cant seem to get the full screen experience when i run mint 8. there is an option for full screen but its jsut a small screen in the center of the screen with a black border. can someone help me with this.

Is the resolution in your virtual box the same as your normal screen resolution?

TheCompFailure

I don't know if this is a good idea if this is right or not, but couldn't you do a dual boot. I'm sure you could full screen in that. i believe you can partion the drive ,but make sure you can back up your files.

If this wasn't any help I'm sorry. I used all the knowledge in this are of expertise to help you

G25r8cer

^^ Defeats the purpose of a Virtual Machine

OP: Somewhere's on Mint you should be able to adjust the resolution