Linux Question

soccerdude

Hi can someone give me the step by step process for installing Linux? The version of Linux that will be installed will be freespire.

Thanks

patrickv

re

every distro i've used was self installing

you burn it to a disc, boot with it, and follow the instructions

very true. FREESPIRE is one of the most easiest distro to install and use. very straightforward. and oh !!did you know about CNR. i wish every distro could have it..lol

lovely?

ok im using freespire, but WHAT IS THIS PROGRAM??? i dont understand what it does, or what it projects to do, i really dont know

patrickv

ok im using freespire, but WHAT IS THIS PROGRAM??? i dont understand what it does, or what it projects to do, i really dont know

what is what program ?..CNR ?
CNR is use to download and install your software automatically instead of you going through the process of apt-get or compiling.
it makes software installation easier, hassle free.

heyman421

banned
yeah, MOST software for linux is free.

Only downside is you gotta depend on other users for support, since tech support is something you really only get with commercial software.

Irishwhistle

FreeSpire is the easiest to install distribution I've ever seen. Just burn the ISO image to a disk with something like Easy ISO: Click Here To Download
Just boot the CD and select Install FreeSpire from the list. If you want to partition your HD in a special way select Partition from the list. Before install it is also a good idea to run FreeSpire Live. Anyway, once you get the install process
it is extremely simple to set up FreeSpire on your computer. I hope this helps.

CNR is an app for downloading software.