Linux simultaneous

Lectrician

If you host a website on a linux platform, how many people can access that site at once?

Reason I ask - I run a forum, which has run for a very long time with no trouble at all.

Recently the forum is down from time to time, and when it is, I still have DSL access outward from my home, but the forum and site just do not respond.

I was wondering if too many BOTS where viewing, causing the linux to prevent further viewers so to speak.

Is this plausable?

tlarkin

VIP Member
If you host a website on a linux platform, how many people can access that site at once?

Reason I ask - I run a forum, which has run for a very long time with no trouble at all.

Recently the forum is down from time to time, and when it is, I still have DSL access outward from my home, but the forum and site just do not respond.

I was wondering if too many BOTS where viewing, causing the linux to prevent further viewers so to speak.

Is this plausable?

no, unless it was a denial of service attack

if you have a website, pay someone to host it, hosting it yourself on a DSL connection is not good. Also, you are leaving out a lot of details so I am not sure what your question and what your problems are.

You need to use many more words describing exactly what is happening, what you use, apache, php????

Lectrician

The server runs Apache, and on this I have YaBB2.1 running.

It has run for years (previously YaBB1.4).

Only recently having problems.