Liquid Cooling 101 - Needs Updating

Discussion in 'Computer Cases, Power Supplies and Cooling' started by Geoff, Feb 2, 2006.

1. aviation_man

aviation_man New Member

So you don't think liquid cooling would be better than air?

2. just a noob

just a noob Well-Known Member

Not that liquid cooler, it's a 120.1, and a very thin 120.1, a custom loop would kick that thing's ass up one side of a street, and down the other

3. bomberboysk

bomberboysk Active Member

Pretty much what noob said, its a cheap block, cheap pump, cheap fan, small tubing, and cheap rad.

4. aviation_man

aviation_man New Member

So what kind of liquid cooler could you recommend for the $125 ish range?

5. bomberboysk

bomberboysk Active Member

Really not much you can do for $125 unless you go used.

6. FuryRosewood

FuryRosewood Active Member

i still really like my h50...for a beginner cooler, tho it isnt the best, with the right fans, it can be pretty quiet...

7. ScottALot

ScottALot Active Member

If you're wanting to spend that 125$ on cooling, get something like the IFX-14 or Noctua NH-D14 and invest in a really nice fan setup.

8. Sepheron

Sepheron New Member

What would be a good and reliable cooling system to put into a Cooler Master HAF 932, and can you have both liquid cooling and fans at the same time in a system?

9. Aastii

Aastii VIP Member

Will leave the first part to someone else as I don't know water cooling too well, but as to whether you can have air and water in the same case, yes you can. You could have say your CPU and NB water cooled and your graphics air cooled

10. macrylinda

macrylinda New Member

Looks good, but aqaruim pumps are very reliable Well if you take out penguin's that is, get a ehiem and it'll last decades.

11. Russ88765

Russ88765 Active Member

+1 on first part, I have the same case, and would be curious to know of some good coolers(i'm about to buy one along with cpu, I want to overclock to 4ghz). Nothing too heavy, small footprint, and efficient. Had my eye on Corsair H70.

12. MrDeath

MrDeath New Member

is a COOLER MASTER HAF X nVidia Edition NV-942-KKN1 Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case compatible with water cooling. I'm trying to decide between the cooler master and SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW Matte black 0.8mm Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case which is compatible with water cooling. But I dont know much on this.