liquid cooling sucks..

lynx6200

Isnt there some liquid, cant think of what, that electonis can be submerged in, but it wont hurt them? Some type of oil based liquid or somethin....

apj101

VIP Member
I prefer to use dehydrated water,

to rehydrate it you just run it under the tap for a few seconds and bingo !!

apj101

VIP Member
Isnt there some liquid, cant think of what, that electonis can be submerged in, but it wont hurt them? Some type of oil based liquid or somethin....
on a serious note, this is called flourinert, and you can buy for quite a high price. Oh and any vegatible oil will do nicley, nut oils good also.

lynx6200

uhh, what is dehdrated water? Thats like when something is dried out, so I cant imagine how you can still have water and dry it out. I know they have dehydrated milk, but thats like a mixture, and you add liquid.

Filip

never had one, don't really need liquid cooling cuz the cpu temp isn't that high to be liquid cooled

34erd

How about filling the pc with thermal paste?
Or why not just put your computer in the freezer?
(kidding)
Can electronics be damged from cold?

georgi0u

Ive got a solution...

pic_front1.jpg

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
34erd said:
But seriously, does that thing run?

a fan only uses up around 3 watt of power...a 400 watt psu should handle it.

[edit] but what you should worry about is "how in the world would i sleep with that thing on?!?! :eek: "

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
is it running from a 1000w psu?
Wouldnt need 1000W PSU.

edit] but what you should worry about is "how in the world would i sleep with that thing on?!?!
1. Who said anything about sleep?
2. They could be silent fans
3. Some people can sleep through firedrills :p

4W4K3

VIP Member
liquid has its place. alot of the time air cooling won't do it for overclockers. liquid shouldn't be for show like it is most of the imte, it should be forkeeping temps down. and if you're running 15C liquid...could could most likely be using air.

i've setup a few liquid cooling rigs with friends, never had a problem. you should leak test for 48hrs b4 installing it. and you should use the non-conductive water if you're worried about leaks.