Little To No Sound! Help

PC eye

banned
It always helps to find out someone is running an Audigy 2 "anything". That was one mistake seen on the last build here where the card simply quit. But you are also seeing this with the onboard sound. Did you make sure that was disabled when running the Audigy? If that is still enabled it will directly interfere with any installed card.

Onboard and PCI expansion cards conflict with each other. With XP you will want to install the Audigy card you have there in the second or third pci slot. Problems are known to come up with XP's own resource sharing. This is another thing to look at there.

metallica7

im thinking it is broke....when the driver is installed all i get is 2.1 sound so the 5.1 port must be broken....it will have to do until i get a new one....o well i get an xfi now :)

CCPS

haha TURN IT UP ..

nah hmm try on adding the driver again. if not try an plug is clean or plug in all the way . if not your AUDIO can be going be on your Motherboad . Then go on buy a new 12-9.00 sound card PCI and plug it in plug it in , then install the drivers.

PC eye

banned
im thinking it is broke....when the driver is installed all i get is 2.1 sound so the 5.1 port must be broken....it will have to do until i get a new one....o well i get an xfi now :)

have you been back to the Creative site lately? They finally released actual full version driver/software Vista updates for their current product line including the Audigy and Live series. You can try going back and see if you are still running the initial beta release. The latest will automatically remove the beta for the full version. That could be your problem if there is no faults with the card itself to find.

metallica7

ACTUALLY i just thought of something....i dont have vista, i have xp, however, i downloaded the alienware vista theme....so everything is in vista fashion....do u think the alienware vista theme would make it so i need vista software?

PC eye

banned
If you downloaded and installed the Vista version of the driver/software update that explains right away why you are having problems with sound and the speaker settings! You have to remove those and download the update for XP not Vista. That won't matter if you add a Vista theme geared for XP. You are still running XP.

PC eye

banned
One thing to make sure of on the Audigy line is to look in the audio console to make you have the CMSS set to that and not CMSS2 or stereo. That will put the sound in stereo and disable the surround sound or simulated effect knocking out the two rear speakers. Go to the "Start>Programs>Creative>Audigy 2" drop down menu for this.