Locating correct drivers..?

Rip_Uk

Mate has a laptop which requires formatting the hard drive. Now.. he has the original Microsoft Windows XP CD but has none of the driver CD's that came with the laptop when he bought it.

How do I go about locating the drivers for his laptop's hardware when I have re-installed Microsoft Windows XP?

I googled and found that Everest Ultimate Edition informs you about some of the hardware the laptop has so I can locate audio drivers etc. Is there any other way?

Last edited:

Rip_Uk

does this program connect to the internet to search for drivers because the laptop will not be connected to the internet.

I just read about the toolkit on the site and found that you can search for drivers if you need to but it lists the current hardware of the computer.

thanks a lot patrickv.

addle_brains

I wouldn't bother with the toolkit. Just get an account and download the files, save having another program installed. Even better, if you know the model of the laptop, look it up on the manufacturer site. They usually host drivers for their PCs.

systek

banned
I wouldn't bother with the toolkit. Just get an account and download the files, save having another program installed. Even better, if you know the model of the laptop, look it up on the manufacturer site. They usually host drivers for their PCs.

that and the fact that the latest drivers will be at the manufacturer site

Rip_Uk

well basically I just need a program to tell me exactly what drivers I need (becuase I do not know of the hardware within the laptop).

It is an Infinity 330 laptop

Last edited:

patrickv

well basically I just need a program to tell me exactly what drivers I need (becuase I do not know of the hardware within the laptop).

It is an Infinity 330 laptop

well the toolkit will help then, if you knew what drivers were missing it would be ok to download from the web like addle_brains said, but if you don't download the toolkit or download driver Magician here
www.drivermagician.com/

Rip_Uk

used the realtek ac 97 audio driver and the sis 300/305 graphic driver.

the sis 300/305 driver will not install... any ideas?

nevermind. Fixed it using another driver.

thanks guys!

Last edited: