Logging time on computer

Underground_Evo

I was wondering, if i could set up individual accounts for each of my siblings and be able to see how long they would be on their account. I dont neccesarilly need a keylogger, but simply something that tells me how long they were on. Or like a alarm, where after so and so time, it logs them off.

The reason i need something like this is because i have 4 siblings (ALL YOUNGER!) and they are always arguing about when its the next persons time, so it would be a HUGE relief if i could get something like this.

Thanks a bunch,
Evo

Underground_Evo

hehe, they really arent, they just spend WAY too much time on the computer and although i have my own computer in my room, they argue and bicker about using this one, so it should help.

Ill try it out, Thanks

apj101

VIP Member
you'll prob want a command like
shutdown.exe -l iXXm -f -e

where you replace XX with the number of minutes you want them to have

Underground_Evo

yeah, only thing is i dont know how to do that^^... and also i wanna try to set it up to start the countdown when they login, but ill mess with it and see what i can do, if you have any suggestions, tell me please :D

~Evo

apj101

VIP Member
you'll need to add a regedit key for each user (using regedit)
HKEY_CURRENT USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
and a key, call it anything you like maybe "plop"
for the value enter
"c:\ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ\shutdown.exe -l iXXm -f -e"
where zzzzzzzz is the path to your shutdown.exe file

--------------or------------------
you could create a new shortcut in the start up folder of each user. The shortcut should point to:
"c:\ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ\shutdown.exe -l iXXm -f -e"
where zzzzzzzz is the path to your shutdown.exe file

but this may be easy to spot