Login Error and Task Manager 100%

BigBirtha

So yesterday I came back home and after browsing on my pc for a while, it shut down by itself and then it said repairing hard drive. After the update when I tried to log in it said this; REACHitAgent.exe - Application Error The exception unkown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location (0x00000000770A13802). So I tried to go in safe mode and safe mode with networking but it did not allow me. It did not let me access task manager too. I could not do sfc /scannow in command prompt. Also, every time I did startup repair it would also stop. So I got frustrated after trying everything I could and installed Windows 10 all over again. Then I went into task manager. It showed the disk at 100 percent or close to it and the CPU was near the 60s. Then the disk went below 5 and a few seconds later to 20%. In safe mode everything was stable. I decided to download malwarebytes. It found nothing. The command sfc /scannow found nothing. Now I am wondering. What the neck is going on!? Please help.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well disk and cpu usage will be high after a fresh install while everything gets updated and stuff. You'll even see this after you startup the pc for the day, its normal. The reachitagent program is from lenovo, so not sure what happened there. Having enough ram, a good processor, and an SSD drive would help alot.

BigBirtha

Thanks. I also experience slow internet in normal mode but in safe mode everything is fast and responsive. What could be causing this?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you scanned for malware using malwarebytes? You can also follow the sticky in the security section and run all the programs listed as each one scans for different things.

BigBirtha

I did a full scan with malwarebytes and it found nothing. I also reinstalled all my networking devices but that did not help. I also have problem with the windows update. After I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 I have an update available that deals with security. I tried to solve that issue with "Fix problems with Windows Update" and it did not do anything even when I scanned as admin. I will try to follow the sticky option.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

•Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Scan.
•After the scan you will need to click on clean for it to delete the adware.
•Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

•Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
•Very important that you run the tool in this manner:
Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
Do NOT just double-click it.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt in your next message.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. Please keep updating until it says you have the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If for some reason Malwarebytes will not install or run please download and run Rkill.scr, Rkill.exe, or Rkill.com. If you are still having issues running rkill then try downloading these renamed versions of the same program.

EXPLORER.EXE
IEXPLORE.EXE
USERINIT.EXE
WINLOGON.EXE

But DO NOT reboot the system and then try installing or running Malwarebytes. If Rkill (which is a black box) appears and then disappears right away or you get a message saying rkill is infected, keep trying to run rkill until it over powers the infection and temporarily kills it. Once a log appears on the screen, you can try running malwarebytes or downloading other programs.

Please post the log that Malwarebytes displays on your screen.

Download OTL to your Desktop

•Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
•Click on Minimal Output at the top
•Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
◦When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL. Just post the OTL.txt file in your reply.

Then post the logs from the following 4 programs.

1. Adwcleaner
2. Junkware removal tool
3. Malwarebytes
4. OTL