Logitech X-230 Speakers

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for replying,

Yeah i thought they must be good because i heard that Logitech stuff are quite good.

Thanks for the link also but i dont buy anything online.
Argos seems to be the best price at the moment for a store.

I have the bigger brother to the X-230, the X-530. They're basically the same speakers, only mine are 5.1. The sound quality is superb, it really astounds me. It is amazingly clear and powerful, and incredibly inexpensive.

PohTayToez

I've used the X-530s too, they're not bad at all. Same as the X-230s, just an extra couple side speakers and a center speaker.

Styrak

I have the X-530's as well. The more powerful 5.1 version of the x-230's.
They're fricking sweet. Very nice sound quality and bass.

Styrak

Sound quality will almost always be better when using an add-in soundcard, and the Audigy is a great card. So yes, it will be much better with that one.
But what's with the X-FI you say you're getting in your sig?

brinky2006

Yeah, these are fantastic speakers. I use them myself for gaming, music, dvds and sometime hook them up to my wii! Great and powerful bass in such an inexpensive package.

Adam

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
good to hear that....one thing i forgot to ask is if i plug my headphones into the speakers will the sound ONLY go through my headphones or will the Sub woofer still make noise?

SimpleSimon

I have the 5.1's and a buddy of mine has the 2.1's. Great speakers! If you plug your head phones into the speaker then the sound will only go through your head phones, but if you plug your head phones into your comp, you'll get noise through the speakers and the head phones.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the 5.1's and a buddy of mine has the 2.1's. Great speakers! If you plug your head phones into the speaker then the sound will only go through your head phones, but if you plug your head phones into your comp, you'll get noise through the speakers and the head phones.

thanks,

Yeah i would plug them through the speakers obviusly,I just wasnt sure if the sub would go off :D

thanks i cant wat to get em.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bump,

Well i should have got these speakers today but ive been ill so i didnt go out.

However there has been some reviews on the Logitech X-230 thats been putting me off like the ones shown here...

http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212659;pid;1677;pt;1

they mention:
they have Flawed bass control, and are expensive.

but they lookNice , average sound, you can get better, cheaper speakers.

so yeah they say you can get better cheaper speakers which they mention the Creative Inspire™ 2.1 2500
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=27&product=461

i just dont know what to go for now :D ....i cant seem to find any stores near me that sell the Creative Inspire™ 2.1 2500 anyway...only online:mad:

what you guys think?

Master Mind

I have the bigger brother to the X-230, the X-530. They're basically the same speakers, only mine are 5.1. The sound quality is superb, it really astounds me. It is amazingly clear and powerful, and incredibly inexpensive.

yer i have the father of the X-530's :p 1000w of peak power with a 12" sub :D. i previously had the X-530's and they are awesome speakers for gaming and just listenin to music. i couldn't imagine the X-230s been much different apart from the obvious 5.1 to 2.1. logitechs are definetly the best computer speakers out.

Master Mind