LOL bad oc = dead mouse!!!

I was messing around wit rivatuner seeing if I could OC my old 7600gt, I had just set the core to 620 (default is 575) and I decided to test it in 3dmark to see if ther was a change. About 15 seconds into the graphics test my pc crashed. Once I managed to restart I found that my mouse was dead, lol. Now is it just a coincidence that my mouse died at that time or was it god telling me not to bother with that old peice of junk, or did he just feel like being spiteful and kill my mouse that I ave had for 3 years. lol.

*rip* generic old peice of crap mouse
 
you must really suck at overclocking to be able to do that.

hahahhah

well firstly have you tried the mouse in other systems to make sure its dead?

and it wasnt that much of a loss if it was generic and 3 years old :)
 
LOL its a sentimental thing. Na not realy I was going to buy a new one anyway.
BTW I dont see how me sucking at OC'ing would acomplish this, It was only a small jump in core frequency I think it might just have been coincidence that the mouse died at that particular moment, or it was an assasination attempt.
 
haha it was a joke.
but yeah it seems very strange.. unless the card suddenly triggered an excessive amount of power being put through the usb/ps2 port and frying the mouse.

but that would be near impossible haha
 
nope mouse is completly dead.

And I figure a power surge would have killed the usb port if it was that, but the port still works fine
 
thats really strange. maybe you accidently overclocked your mouse...

i wonder what sort of performance gain that would yield? :)
 
ah well enough of that haha

i guess when it comes down to it.. theres no easy way to tell how it died... so yeah... case unsolved and closed. haha
 
Back
Top