Longest??

ahajv4life

Sexual inuendo aside, what's the longest period of time, that someone has kept there computer running? and what processor? AMD/INTEL?

ZER0X

VIP Member
Big company's leave there computers running for days...and days....and days....but for me Ive left the computer on probably about 3 days :p It was an old:...Intel Celeron 433Mhz

[tab]

[...]
The uptime on my gateway computer was close to 200 days when the power went out... d'oh!!!

It's an Intel 486... the mighty Millennium Falcon :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no, I didnt think twice when you told me your computer went down due to the power, had I realised it was the millenium falcon, I would have grieved as well.
They just dont make computers like that any more.....

kof2000

pentium 133mhz with 32mb edo ram running for 2 weeks with no cooling fan whatsoever i dont think even the psu has a fan or something lol.

hollis098

ian said:
They just dont make computers like that any more.....

Now days theirs just too many viruses floating around and every cpmputer just has to have one thing wrong with it, whick is really annoying. :mad:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
At the office we had a computer running continuously for almost a year...
That happened more than 10 years ago and it was a genuine Intel 286 (16 MHz).

4W4K3

VIP Member
umm...2 days maybe? i always turn off mty computer. no use having it run all night while i sleep, and wake up to a hot room. unless im downloading or folding or sumthin.

ZER0X

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
umm...2 days maybe? i always turn off mty computer. no use having it run all night while i sleep, and wake up to a hot room. unless im downloading or folding or sumthin.

Thats alright....now i'm not coming last :p Ok i'll shutup now

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I have never had a computer running at home for more than maybe 12 hours.
I dont use the computer unless it is connected to the net, and I dont like to leave it unattended, and I dont think I have ever done a straight 12 hour stint on the computer without taking a break.

4W4K3

VIP Member
ian said:
I have never had a computer running at home for more than maybe 12 hours.
I dont use the computer unless it is connected to the net, and I dont like to leave it unattended, and I dont think I have ever done a straight 12 hour stint on the computer without taking a break.

i talk on aim roughly 6 hrs. a day at least...i'd say i use my computer ~8hrs. a day on average. with skool...that's about all i can squeeze in.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Had my server running for about 6 months in the summer ... then i ran out of HDD space :p

Normally i run about a week b4 i realize that i dont like the hardware configuration and have to reboot to change some stuff.

ahajv4life

i'm goin on 8 days; only reason......to DL....38gigs in those days.....little worried that if i reboot i might have a few viruses waitin for me,...:(

ZER0X

VIP Member
I wouldn't be able to leave my computer on even overnight without someone turning it off :( but when I left it for 3 days it was because no one went into the study to see it was on :p

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Praetor said:
LOL damn right ;) Come back when you get to the 1-week marker :p
The only reason I dont have it on longer than 12 hours is that with all the applications I have running, things start to slow down and I need to reboot.
If it comes to longest time spent on the internet without sleeping or doing anything else, I would put all you to shame :p
You would all be considered rank amateurs next to my heroic feats of endurance:D

kharmini91

i've never turned my mac off before (if a mac counts...) its one of those G5 dual processor ones. lol funny story (well actually kind of not but...) my grandmom had an oldold like 386 which my aunt gave her and i would use it every once and a while. well one time i left w/o turning it off and it went up in flames.... lol