Longest??

4W4K3

VIP Member
as of NOW, my computer has been on 16hrs. i guess it runs about 14-18 hrs. a day...depending on how late i stay up. sometimes more if i wake up early.

ZER0X

VIP Member
ian said:
The only reason I dont have it on longer than 12 hours is that with all the applications I have running, things start to slow down and I need to reboot.
If it comes to longest time spent on the internet without sleeping or doing anything else, I would put all you to shame :p
You would all be considered rank amateurs next to my heroic feats of endurance:D

My computer has been on all day from 9:30AM till now 10:52PM and Ive been on the internet all day aswell.... so how longs that :confused: Can't be stuffed counting :p

reformed

banned
ahajv4life said:
Sexual inuendo aside, what's the longest period of time, that someone has kept there computer running? and what processor? AMD/INTEL?

Servers run constantly. They are often run on old computers, then again servers do go down occassionally.

RiseandTakeOver

Heh.. i got it.. bck durin the summer I had no job so a few of my friends came over and we had a week long lan party.. the computers stayed on ALL DAY ALL NIGHT for 7 days.. i had the air conditioner on 60 and it still felt like a furnace in their.. never gonna try that again though, we used so much power my parents tried to shoot me when they got the electric bill..

SFR

Truth fears no questions
lol great thread

I amost always leave my computers on....

with APC UPC battery backup with auto shut down of course ...

The most taxing thing on your computer is the BOOT...

...and besides energy wise.. the monitor is more draining (of course the LCD is a lot less than the CRT's) ...

and with sleep modes and hard drives being able to be turned off ETC... I have had my Dell R350 on since my dad put Windows 95 on it I think the summer of '98.... well.. it was turned off when I moved out of the house last year... (Its a pentium II)