Look like a good setup??

does anyone else agree with tknick?? just want to get more opinions.
this is a bunch of B.S I hate being taken advantage of. The subs alone were $120 each plus the box, and amp! and the nitro RC is worth around 200-250 Ready-To-Run (RTR)
Jeff
 
Last edited:
I would say you could by a brand new computer with the same specs already assembled for at most 800 dollars. That being said, I wouldn't pay more than 350-400 dollars for that computer.

Also, the best way to connect to the internet is through a direct sonnection. Get one set up from an ISP or if you already have one just get a adapter that is compatable with the other computers router.
 
That computer won't be able to much gaming. If you need it for just internet and music and a few movies....it will be ok. But if you want to play any games made in the last 3 years ...it will struggle! I would not pay over $250 for that thing. My 4 year old Dell XPS 400 that my 11 year old daughter has now gots more balls than that thing.

Here is a good LAN card, has some good reviews in many places...only $23
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106121

Xion II case
ASUS P5N-E 650i mobo
Intel Q9300 @ 2.875 GHz
Corsair XMS2 Pro 4x1 GB
Evga 9800 GTX @ 750 MHz core
Antec Neo Power 650w PSU

Dell XPS 400
Pentium D 3.2 GHz w/2 cores
Nvidia 7950 GTX
Kingston 4x1 GB RAM
 
Last edited:
To be honest with you...You might want to get a bigger processor for that type of work. Stuff like that can be processor intensive stuff and the wait times can multiply quickly with a heavy load on the processor. The good news is...That computer will be great for that work just might want to upgrade the processor when you get it, here are a few recommendations for ya. I don't know what your budget is but you'll be much more happy with some more power. Make sure you give the computer a good cleaning with compressed air when you get it.

That motherboard has a 775 socket, you will more than likely update the BIOS when you get it.

Q6600 Quad core @2.4GHz for $185
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115018

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz for $175
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037

Intel Pentium E2220 Allendale 2.4GHz for $90
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116070
 
Sweet! If it has potential thats all that matters to me! I will be upgrading in the near future!
Now i will be having 2 LCD screens. How do i set up a secondary screen?
With this i can have my music up on one screen and the internet on the other screen right??
 
All you need is a video card with two DVI outputs, which is almost all of the newer ones today, so you only need one PCI-E slot, not PCI.
 
I wouldn't pay more than maybe $225 for that rig.

Based in your stated uses for this system, a C2D or C2Q barebones package and a few of your existing components would probably offer much better value and performance.
 
does anyone else agree with tknick?? just want to get more opinions.
this is a bunch of B.S I hate being taken advantage of. The subs alone were $120 each plus the box, and amp! and the nitro RC is worth around 200-250 Ready-To-Run (RTR)
Jeff

Yes, Pentiums are WAY out of date. No more than $200 for SURE.
 
I got the computer! i love this rig. When i get a job i will build a new one or upgrade this one.
I am very surprised in the computer! it's faster than i thought and its got 298 gigs open!
 
Back
Top