lookin to build a computer, this sound good?

jwhert

not sure i need that good of a vid card, i need the computer cuz my only computer, cheap hp laptop, wont turn on

wiwazevedo

well you dont need an 8800gtx for most games
most people see it as overkill
you can read reviews and hear people talking about their 120$ 7900GS playin like fear and crysis and w/e you guys play at high settings
but it doesnt hurt to have a nice vid card

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
FYI - That system... stunk... The 6000 is unstable and an bad processor. You should've gotten an 5600+ and overclocked it from there... lots more stable... And you should have gotten an WD Raptor...

The only complaint i have seen is that it won't run the ram at DDR2 800 (or 400mhz) because of the uneven multiplier. i think. Though myself and others i see getting a higher stable clock than the 6000+ can. But with no OC, i think it suits him fine

i ordered everything from newegg to make it easier, and the case is 80 bucks after rebates and free shipping so no big deal

Cool, i hope it all goes well

oscaryu1

VIP Member
The only complaint i have seen is that it won't run the ram at DDR2 800 (or 400mhz) because of the uneven multiplier. i think. Though myself and others i see getting a higher stable clock than the 6000+ can. But with no OC, i think it suits him fine

The 5600+ would overall have been a better choice.. and you can just simple overclock it to the 6000's speed... And you'd have an more stable system alltogether...

jwhert

well, before i ordered no one said this, and its too late now, and i might couldve over clocked but at the same time im happy not having too, i put this together w/ very little time because i had to have the stuff waiting for me when i get home for thanksgiving break

i hated the way i did this because i really put very little thought into it, but thats what happens when you need a computer and very little time to think about it, if my laptop wouldve stayed running i probably wouldve waited til christmas and put a lot more time/ thought into it

jwhert

ok, got it all together now, is there a way to test it to make sure everything is working to its full potential, its runnin slower than i imagined

also, im having trouble with the mouse and keyboard, its real jerky on screen (the mouse) and just pauses at times, and the keyboard, its not readin every keystroke, in crysis its really makin me mad, i notice it the most in crysis, but thats all i have, either internet or crysis pretty much, the batteries are good, checked that

also, i imagined crysis looking better w/ my 8800GT, but as im movin along, you can constantly see stuff forming on screen, not very smooth at all