Looking at getting a Macbook

Irishwhistle

i think you're hurting yourself using a Macbook as your photo editing computer. only because the entry level Macbook is a very small LCD, and is not designed for professional photography work.

i'm guessing you prefer the Mac OS and thats why you're only looking at Macs. if you're serious about photographing professionally, look into getting a LaCie monitor. Apple displays are great for general purpose use. but for photography you really need to look into a monitor, with true color representation and uniform contrast/brightness.

maybe get the laptop first then save up for a nice display. even though Apple makes a great general purpose display. you will see a difference between the colors on screen, and the final printed product.

good luck

Well, I'm not going THAT professional yet... I'm talking about a small business in town doing portraits. The screen it comes with should be fine... I've used Dell laptop monitors for editing and they were fine. Thanks for mentioning it though. :)

tlarkin

VIP Member
Would a macbook work with my linksys router (or any router for that matter), because I was on the apple website and it said you need an AirPort base... is that just to get you to buy their product? Thanks! :)

Yes, standard TCP/IP is just that, standard!