Looking at Getting a Scanner

dark_legacy2006

HEy everyone
i know this sint gonna be a thread people are gonna respond to casue im sure noone really cares about scanners, but well i need one and i dont know what to look for, i want a high qualitiy scanner with an option of scanning with little detail(for damaged pictures) but i also dont want an all in one, i already have a great printer (hp deskjet 5550, worth like 120 bucks 2 years ago) anywho adn suggestions for scanners would be nice, id dont want to got to crazy with the price but any suggests would rock!
thanks guys

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Hmm..., if you want to have a hinge that can disconnect, that may be an issue. But, when you scan the textbook, just cut off the black parts of the scanned image. The Visioneer 9420 is fairly cheap (around $120 US), and has a great resolution at 9600x4800 optical resolution. Or, there is this Canon with an expanding lid, but it only has a 2400x4800 optical resolution.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01020&id=1169512292297

One thing to keep in mind with scanners is that if it doesn't specify optical or interpolated resolution, it is probably interpolated, not always, but probably. Optical resolution is much better, especially if you want higher quality images, so optical is what you really should be looking for. More information is in the Scanner 101 thread located in this subforum.