Looking for a Gaming Laptop

carogers96

Hi, like the title says, i'm looking for a new gaming laptop. My pricerange is 450 currently, and i know that's really low for what i want. I've been looking at this guy:

HP Silver 17.3" Pavilion 17-g121wm Laptop PC with AMD A10-8700P Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home

And i'm wondering if this will run the games i want it to. League of Legends (of course it will) CSGO, and Overwatch.

Suggestions on other laptops as well is accepted, but my price range is $450. Thank you!

beers

Staff member
is $500 too expensive?
The 940 mx is super slow.

As he was saying though 450 is too skimpy for a reasonably performing gaming laptop. Any reason it has to be a laptop? You can get a lot more gaming performance per dollar on the desktop side.

Laquer Head

Don't waste your money.. a $500 laptop is gonna be complete and utter trash for anything more than basic word processing, email, surfing. Even with low-demand games - that type of laptop will have you tearing your hair out!!

I'd say, save a bit more to get a better unit - and/or save/build a custom PC that you can upgrade as you get more flow rolling in!!

carogers96

The 940 mx is super slow.

As he was saying though 450 is too skimpy for a reasonably performing gaming laptop. Any reason it has to be a laptop? You can get a lot more gaming performance per dollar on the desktop side.
yeah i dont have any space for a desktop right now. Just looking for something that will run games at lowest settings fluently. The computer i have listed in the post seems like it will cover basic needs