Looking for a good Computer Remote program

Hello

I am looking for a simple computer remote program that I can get access to my desktop anywhere that has internet. What program would be the best for that? Back then I use VNC but it doesn't seem to work anymore so if some of you can tell me what is the best and simple to use. Thank you.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
GeneraznXz said:
Hello

I am looking for a simple computer remote program that I can get access to my desktop anywhere that has internet. What program would be the best for that? Back then I use VNC but it doesn't seem to work anymore so if some of you can tell me what is the best and simple to use. Thank you.

There is Symantec PC Anywhere... which the new version is like $100. and I bet there are a ton of freeware apps out there...but XP has its own, "Remote Desktop Connection" Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > Communications

(you can also look into windows messanger "Application Sharing" feature.)

Morb

Hi,
I didn't mention what type of operating system you use. If it is XP it has built-in "Remove desktop connection". This option must be checked in MyComputer(Right click)->Properties->Remote Desktop tab(AFAIK)->Allow remote desktop connections. But this only function if you have user account created on this machine(account of user which want to connect - GUEST account is not able to do this) or you can check "To allow send invite" and then invite that user to allow connection to this comp.

OK, that was a lot about XP for now ;o). If you want third-party the best choice is VNC(you used that) or Remote Administrator(new version released recently). RA has more modes: FTP, full control, view only,... and have function of remote shutdown. I have good experience whit this soft. It is (server-client) application. Try it ;)