Looking for a good computer

Empire

My budget is 2,000 and I might be able to go a little over (please accomodate for sales tax)

I want to include the NZXT fan controller as well.

Has to be able to run games like WoW very good, no jumping or lag, or dc.

I also do professional video editing and picture editing.

I prefer EVGA mobo's and gfx cards. 8 gigs of ram and up. Suggest your favorite mobo and gfx cards etc. I want the corsair H60 cooler. I have monitors and stuff.

Intel build please, windows 7 ultimate. Gonna have two 1tb HD's and 1 SSD for data ONLY. So the smaller the better.

Thanks.

Last edited:

C4Radon

HDD

SSD

RAM

MoBo

CPU

Here's the deal with CPU's. If you plan to overclock, get the 2500k, if you don't go with the 2600, not the 2600k, it will work with your budget, but after OC'ing it'll give you an extra 0.1 ghz per core (0.4 ghz for an extra 100 dollars).

Cooler

GPU

PSU

Price so far: $1345 not taking into account shipping/rebates but they should balance each other out. What do you think so far? This should destroy WoW on the highest setting on even 2560x1600!

Since your budget is so large and you don't need monitors you *could* go with the i7 2600k, also are you 100% you need Windows 7 ultimate? Professional/Home will suffice for 99% of users...

What are your thoughts so far?

Last edited:

C4Radon

Ok, I found something new about the 2600k i7 that I didn't realize, and is a much MUCH better option for encoding/decoding. If you do it that often then I would recommend it. Secondly, if you want something easy to OC, you'll feel more comfortable with a UEFI/EFI BIOS, it uses a pretty GUI and you can use your mouse, you can OC it in under 5 mouse clicks.

EDIT: And with regards to your motherboard, if you want a very very easy OC, you should use the aforementioned UEFI/EFI BIOS but you must have a motherboard with that feature, EVGA isn't the biggest motherbaord manufacturer and currently don't make a board with a UEFI/EFI BIOS. So it's either EVGA board, or still a good board with features that make OC'ing much easier.

EDIT:: Also, once you decide on a set of parts, we can begin upgrading where you deem necessary.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

Why are you recommending a cooler master psu, they aren't horrable or anything but not what you want, you want a good corsair/antec/xfx/silverstone/seasonic/pc p&c psu, way better quality than a coolermaster, and haven't been following much but if you aren't planning on sli or Xfire then 1000w is way too much, 850 will handle 2 of those.